Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes -
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote when the house is not in session - normally Monday mornings and no-sitting Fridays and on tours starting before 10.00am on Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
- Visits up the Elizabeth Tower can also be booked for those over the age of 11. These are immensely popular, and places are very limited and for administrative reasons such tours cannot be combined with tours of the Plaace of Westminster.
- Tickets to the public gallery can be applied for but be warned there is a very long waiting list for Prime Minister's Question Time.
Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited so generally have to be booked about six months in advance.
Please contact us to enquire about a visit to Westminster.